Many Entrepreneurs celebrated – £30k raised for Ukraine
Our chairman, John O’Connell hosted the sell-out 10th Enterprise Awards Dinner last night at the glittering Goldsmith’s Hall in the City of London.
This was founded by him in 2011, with Covid interrupting the sequence for two years.
Known as the ‘Oscars for Technology Entrepreneurs’ it celebrates the achievements of founders, rather than their businesses, although inevitably the two are intertwined.
Each category is hotly contested, and entrants have to make a comprehensive submission, which is followed up by a one-to-one session with a member of the Judging panel before being reviewed by the whole panel.
Winning entrepreneurs in 8 different categories were: –
- Net Zero Entrepreneur: Rebecca Harding / Coriolis Technologies
- Social Enterprise Entrepreneur: Alex Stephany / Beam
- Public Sector Entrepreneur: Sara Murray / Big Technologies PLC
- Deep Tech Entrepreneur: Scott White / PragmatIC Semiconductor
- Emerging Entrepreneur: Alex Housley / Seldon
- Developing Entrepreneur: Alexandra Depledge / Resi
- Scale-Up Entrepreneur: Adrian Overall / CloudStratex
- Enterprise Entrepreneur: Vishal Marria / Quantexa
- Judges Award: Martina King / Featurespace
ScaleUp Group is overall manager of the event, organised by TX2 Events. On the night Tola Sargeant Managing Director of TechMarketView, co-presented with John O’Connell.
The judges were
- Elizabeth Corse – Scaleup Engagement Manager, Tech Nation
- Melanie Goward – Partner, Maven Capital
- Paddy MccGwire – Managing Partner, Silverpeak
- John O’Connell – Executive Chairman, ScaleUp Group
- George O’Connor – Managing Director, Stifel Financial Corp.
- Lisa Powis – Partner, ScaleUp Group
- Tola Sargeant (Chair) – Managing Director, TechMarketView
- Nick Travis – Partner – Head of Entrepreneurs, Smith & Williamson
The raffle on the night raised c. £20k which added to the net proceeds of the event itself means c. £30k will be donated to Healthright Ukraine Relief Fund – enough to fund several emergency shelters there for at least a month.
John O’Connell said “It is very inspiring to be in the same room with so many high achievers who have endured the often tough struggles inherent in being a founder, are now delivering on their early promise and employing several thousand people. Many companies have a social purpose too underpinned by the raising last night of funds to be of direct, material help in Ukraine itself.”